SCIENCE, PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING
COME INTO PLAY, SO, AT RUNCOOL,
EVERYTHING HAS A PURPOSE! EVERYTHING!
By scientific design, RunCool Hood Louvers maximize heat escape from under your hood!
And they are also designed to RADIATE OUT the heat from under the hood!
This is why they’re ranked as “The World’s Best Hood Louvers”!™
By design, high thermal-conductivity also helps cool the engine bay by the Aluminum Hood Louvers absorbing heat from out of the engine bay (cheap plastic ones don’t do this). Then the raised louvers act as “cooling fins”, with the airflow across the top dissipating the heat off of them, as on the finned aluminum cylinder barrels (“jugs”) of a Harley V-Twin engine.
We learned these lessons from racing in the 1950’s and 60’s, before disc brakes became widely fitted, when racecars ran mostly drum brakes. These worked well, except they quickly overheated – – and this meant brake fade (which meant they’d slow you down a little- – but not stop you!).
So racers tested to discover:
1. The best material to make brake drums out of, AND
2. the best way to shape these, and
3. the best color to paint them, to best radiate-off heat, so they would run cooler, and not heat- fade so soon.
1. Make them out of Aluminum –, which dissipates heat well (but with steel inner surfaces – –
2. Put cooling fins on them (of Aluminum).
3. Paint them Black.
Racing experience counts – – so, it’s no surprise: All three of these are characteristics of our RunCool Hood Louvers, to maximize heat dissipation and heat escape from your engine bay!